Open Air Theatre, Scarborough
The original open air theatre was built by the Scarborough Corporation in 1932, utilising the natural amphitheatre shape of the site, with the stage situated on an island across the lake from raked seating. It remains the largest open air amphitheatre since antiquity.
The theatre fell into disrepair in the 1980s with its last production being held in 1982, and was placed on the English Heritage At Risk Register. It has now been fully refurbished, including both front and back-of-house facilities and was opened by the Queen on the 20th May 2010.