The Old Fire Station Sunderland
The former Fire Station built in 1907 has been restored, maintaining many features of its previous use and converted into a new community facility. This is a key element in the formation of a new cultural quarter in Sunderland. Ground floor contains a new public house with direct access into a new public landscaped square. First floor is a theatre and dance centre with second floor exhibition and research space.
The conversion is designed to link directly to a new auditorium as a further and next phase of the future development.
The work was undertaken for Sunderland MAC Trust with the support from Heritage Lottery Fund.
The building was opened with a dramatic production by Periplum see video link; https://vimeo.com/251902806
The official opening took place in February 2018 when then building was formally opened by Prince William and Kate
Shortlisted for the RICS Awards 2018 in two categories