Sutherland Building

Refurbishment and restoration of a Grade II Listed building built in 1887 in the centre of Newcastle.

Initially a medical college, it was then a dental hospital before becoming a teaching block for Northumbria University. The interior detailing and finishes are now restored to their original forms, with up to date heating, lighting and data services sensitively incorporated.

Completed in 2009, the building now houses finance, student and secretarial services, banqueting for 200, conference facilities and the vice chancellor’s suite.