Hexham House is a Grade II listed building dating back to 1723 originally built for Rev. Thomas Andrews, lecturer at Hexham Abbey. Subsequently used as a Boarding School and Library and finally purchased by Hexham Council in 1928 for use as their offices. In the late 1980s, the basement was expanded and converted into an emergency control centre.
We have restored, renovated and converted the building into a Registry Office and wedding venue with seven apartments attached. The apartments can be booked, linked to the wedding celebrations and for weekend and family holidays.
The building can access the gardens and grounds of Hexham Abbey with some rooms having beautiful direct views of the Abbey.
Completion and handover achieved in 2017 and shortlisted in the Conservation category for the RICS Awards 2018